Please join us for the NC9 Talent show this Thursday from 6:30- 8:00 pm in the North Crowley Ninth Grade cafeteria. Tickets are $2 in advance and $3 at the door. Concessions will be available before and during intermission. Please come out and support our talented 9th grade students.
In an effort to find the most instructional environment for our students, we have been analyzing the daily schedule that we offer. The NCHS leadership team and department heads have been looking at schedules around the area. After much consideration and collaboration with CHS, the 9th grade centers, and the B.R. Johnson CTE center, we have decided on the following schedule for next year:
1. 8:40-9:36 56 minutes to include announcements
2. 9:41-10:32 51 minutes
3. 10:37-11:28 51 minutes Lunch
4. 11:33-12:24 51 minutes Lunch
5. 12:29-1:20 51 minutes Lunch
6. 1:25-2:16 51 minutes Lunch
7. 2:21-3:12 51 minutes
8. 3:17-4:10 53 minutes
There are several advantages to going to this schedule. They include:
- By offering 7 credits, students can have more time in their classes. Each class will meet for 255 minutes each week. The current schedule allows for only 225 minutes each week. This gives students an extra half hour of instruction in each class each week. This works out to roughly 21 more instructional days for our students in each class. This is huge! This helps our AP students better prepare for AP exams, and it also helps our struggling students get more time in the classes they need. In addition, our fine arts and CTE programs also get more time.
- Students will see each class every day. This helps instruction across the board including electives. It is important that students have the opportunity to practice their instruments or work or their projects every day with their teachers.
- This schedule allows a built in study hall time. Our current schedule does not offer that time. This schedule attaches a tutorial/study hall of 20 minutes each day to the students’ lunch.
On Wednesday, 3/6/13, we will offer an informational parent meeting to look at next year's schedule. The meeting will be held in the NCHS cafeteria at 6:00pm.
If you have questions before the meeting, please contact your child's counselor or administrator.
We hope to see you there!
- 24/7 access to audiobooks and eBook downloads
-students install free software on their computer or mobile devices
-visit cisd.lib.overdrive.com for access
-username and password are the student's CISD ID #